Getting in some flying time with my Super Cub DSM RC Plane

Saturday April 6th, 2013

My brother has some planes, and I was always curious to see what it would be like to fly one.  So my curiosity finally won over, and I purchased my first RC plane.  I wanted to get something that would be easy to learn to fly with and after spending a lot of time on the forums, I decide to buy a Super Cub.   This is a great starter plane for anyone getting into the RC Plane hobby.


After checking out where you can fly in the city of Mesa, which after some research is limited, unless you are a member of one of the local clubs.  Unless I am wrong, there is only one location in the City of Mesa that is legal to fly RC Planes or Helicopters, and that is Basin 114 and 116 in far East Mesa.  Basin 116 is for Airplanes and Basin 114 is for Helicopters.  I will be doing more research here in the near future to see where else I can go to fly in the Valley of the Sun.

Below is a small video of my first outing, I was only out for about an hour because the wind was blowing more then I felt comfortable with, and was really hard to control the plane in the wind.  I think my next outing will be earlier in the morning, and hopefully on a calmer day for the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment